Traveler’s Company Caravan 2026

 

I got all the stamps!

Today was the first time we visited Yoseka Stationary in Brooklyn.  People have described this spot as the Shangri-La of all stationary stores, and well, it’s not.  It was sadly very much underwhelming.  We were actually disappointed as soon as we stepped inside because people hyped this damn place up so much.  Yoseka is so tiny, and in my opinion there just isn’t anything about it to make it stand out.  Like it’s a cute little spot for a few things, but that’s all it’s got going for it.  I’m used to the old dusty crammed shops that used to be in the village.  I’d frequent them before class and buy ink, or a notebook or paper, one time I found this impossibly mini colored pencil set for Dino.  I have no idea if those places still exist.  I remember I went into one and asked the dude if he had the children’s fountain pens and he pulled out a whole display board of Pelikan pens to show me.  That’s the type of place I like.  Stuffed to the rafters, items that have been sitting there since the Reagan era and before, you know, usable stuff.  Sadly, Yoseka wasn’t it for me.  I don’t get the love for this place.

I had originally thought to go just for the 20th anniversary stamps.  I’ve never gotten any of the Traveler’s Company stamps and the whole idea is so fun.  I’ve always enjoyed their stickers, so we said, why not?  Last week was their paid event, which I wasn’t going to do.  This week was free.  Their shelves were still filled.  Weird because people said they’d sell out and people would be reselling on eBay for ridiculous amounts.  

It was literally all there.

Including, the Customization kit.  Inside is stickers, stamps, a brass clip, a brass charm and a couple of other things.  I paid way too much for the damn thing, but it’s for the 20th anniversary, so what can I do?  I didn’t need refills or any of the other anniversary items.  Like what am I supposed to do with a “baby” size Traveler’s?  Or the card size?  I have one regular size and so does Dino.  The whole point of this particular notebook system is that you refill it, therefore, you don’t need multiple notebooks because you can refill it infinity times.  The Japanese seem to be minimalists with design and everything else, except for their stationary!

After our less than stellar visit at Yoseka, we popped into a record store on the same block.  Tiny little store that seemed to only sell local artists we had never heard of.  Very strange.  How the hell do these places stay in business?!  Dino said it’s all “daddy’s money”, the kid ain’t wrong.  After that we got back on the G and decided never again.  We then popped into the Muji near Port Authority and picked up our usuals: snacks and pony tail holders.  Dino also got a small sized box to organize his guitar care items.  All very practical.

There is another stationary shop I’ve been meaning to visit for a while, Goods For The Study.  It looks very well stocked with all manner of stuff.  So we shall try it out.  Next month, I plan to order our 2027 planner inserts and a repair kit, it’ll either be from JetPens or the official Traveler’s website.  I can’t be bothered traipsing out to Brooklyn for mediocre shopping experiences again, I’m too old for this shit.

Ciao witches!

📝

Comments

Popular Posts