Dimes and Ladybugs


I happened to mention this story briefly in a comment, but I suppose I should go ahead and tell the full tale.

🐞

Ladybugs are Shadow's thing.  His totem animal maybe?  Spirit guide?  I don't know.  Whatever they are to him spiritually, it doesn't matter, what matters is, they're there, and when it involves him, they're there for me too.

When I first met Shadow, a number of odd things began happening, first it was the dimes and next it was the ladybugs, there were other things too, but that's another story for another time. Anyway, they never really popped up for me before.  I'd always come across oddly colored bugs I'd never seen and pennies on the street.

Shadow however, brings the Magick.

First, the curious incident of the dimes on the sidewalk:

Long before he ever met me, Shadow did a ritual on a beach in Pacifica, which he has never really explained in great detail to me.  Instead of using pennies, he used dimes and it also involved a bonfire which apparently are perfectly legal there.  Ever since that day, he finds dimes on the street.  Never pennies.  And I'm not talking one here or there, I'm talking four or five or more a day.  When I began dating him, I too started finding dimes.  Dino and I would be walking along and say "look, there's a dime! Shadow's thinking about us!", and we'd know it to be true, and we still know now that he is.  Occasionally we do find a penny, and a couple of times ten bucks, but mostly dimes.

Second, the plague of spotted red ladies:

There wasn't a ritual involved for this one, at least I don't think there was, I don't know, he has a headache right now, so I can't ask him.  Never the less, lady bugs, there were.  I'd see them in places where before there was nothing.  We had screens, so how the hell did they get in?  It wasn't tons of them, just, they'd always land on me!  

So, two specific times that I can remember was one, where the lady bug landed on me and shortly after that we moved in together.  We actually didn't intend to move in together, because he preferred being in Union City which is super close to Manhattan to get to work.  It happened by accident, he just kinda stayed and didn't go home and eventually his roommate brought all his stuff to my place.  Oops.

The second ladybug landed on my panties while I was in a public restroom, and I just knew, that I was pregnant.  That's it.  The ladybug brought me a message.  "No moon blood on your panties this month!"

Ladybugs for Shadow and I are harbingers of good things.  

Ana has a ladybug potty, and ladybugs on her Crocs.  Above her bed instead of a cross, she has a stained glass ladybug, she also has a ladybug tutu.  Dino, oddly enough when he was little had ladybugs on his Crocs too, but he's a big boy now.

So there you have it.  The truly bizarre, yet magical things that can happen when two Wiccans get together.

Blessed Be!  Hope everyone enjoyed the full moon and hopefully it won't be cloudy for the next blue moon at the end of the month!  

🌒🌕🌘




Comments

  1. This is so beautiful it brought tears to my eye. Now, I know that is easy to do, but still... this post was absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know, it makes me misty eyed as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts