The Not Always Spiritual Reading List


The books I have left to read out of the free and cheap ones I've aquired.


It seems many more of you follow my collection of Books I've Read, than follow me directly, and I find that interesting.  As you may have noticed, I don't always read books pertaining to the craft, paganism, or Wicca.  They get dull after a while.  Every so often I read a book that catches my eye, but nine times out of ten it's the same regurgitated Wiccan principals in a nutshell.

I implore all of you to please read other books that interest you!  Whether they're trashy romance novels, a non fiction account of Vietnam, or hell, Donny's "The Art of the Deal". (I actually have not read it, but one day I might.)

I've seen way too many pictures or videos of people's book shelves and they're literally all New Age and no literature!

Broaden your horizons a bit folks, you've already done that by being Pagan, so you don't need to close your mind off to other tombs.

The picture above are the books that I have lined up to read.  The white spines were free from the Bryant Park reading room, and the others were all from Dollar Tree, except the one library book which was free as well.  Some of these books are 25 bucks and up that I got for one whole dollar.  In total I have ten books worth close to around 300 thanks to Dollar Tree and the Library.

I used to buy my books from Barnes and Noble.  I used to joke that between them and Whole Foods, my whole paycheck was gone.  I swear, I was a responsible single mother with a small child who loved and still loves books.  The problem with my baby boy was, that he didn't understand that he had to give back the library books, and that made him very upset, so I gave up and bought him all his books building his own library at home.  I had the teachers discount and always used coupons, so in the end I got deeply discounted new books for him, and now years later I have a massive collection that could and in many cases does rival that of even the most affluent pre school (I have antique and out of print).

I actually used to belong to a new agey book club called One Spirit.  Check them out, I got quite a few titles relatively cheaply, and sometimes they have great stuff.  I fulfilled my membership obligations to them so I can buy a book whenever I want, but obviously can't due to my budget constraints.

Of course there are titles that I want to read but haven't.  Like The Kabalion, and Aliester Crowley's books.  It's just a matter of access to me.

There are also titles which I don't read and have donated during Pagan Pride Day.  Like the Tapping series or the Secret series.  I've received these titles and others and I just can't possible stomach books like that. 

Shadow is the one who really enjoys swapping books.  At Pagan Pride in lower Manhattan every year you can donate your books and for a donation of one dollar each, choose other people's books to take.  We've come back with some interesting old titles, which I honestly don't remember the names of because they're in storage.

One day, hopefully within the next month or two if everything goes well, I'll be able to show off my entire book collection, which I divide into three categories.  My pagan books, everything else, and the children's books.  I have tons of books.  Moving with me is a nightmare, and I move frequently.

Now, go read something less trashy!

Blessed Be!
🌒🌕🌘




Comments

Popular Posts