Yule 2020

Skull Yogi stays all year long, Namaste bitches!

The final Sabbat of the year.  What a fucking year.  As the days grow longer, we can only hope that healing light comes with it, but probably not.  It's going to take a long time for all of this shit to be bandaged up.

Our online rituals have been nice however.  Yule was especially lovely.  Sigil writing, candle and incense lighting.  I called the quarters and cast the circle for everyone, but I think I prefer this new format of more people participating and taking part by speaking.  I love being High Priestess, but we all left Christianity to cut out the middle man and get right to it.  Even Ana helped out by chiming the Tibetan cymbals at each quarter.

Yuletide sigil: "I am healthy".

It's certainly nice to have a quiet Christmas.  No presents, no outrageous food prep.  It's lovely.  I've had to tell a few people no to in person engagements, but "doctors orders" seems to work.  It's insane how many people are still carrying on as if no one is dying and as if they can afford hospital bills and 10K for a casket.

I digress...

For Yule dinner I prepared a beef roast, shrimp, mixed veggies, and stuffing which had been left over from the evening before.  Simple food, easily made, no fuss.  Exactly the way I like it.

Empty plate, because good food should be eaten and not photographed.

We tried a new pink lemonade soda, and it wasn't as good as Trader Joe's'.  It's been real hit or miss with Lidl's food stuffs since they opened.  The cake I purchased on the other hand was pretty good, almost as good as the similar one from Costco.

Chocolate mousse cake, purchased, not made.

And now today is Christmas.  I ate a grilled ham and cheese for lunch, or as us Greek folks say "toast".  I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner.  Ana told me no soup.  Dino isn't here to care.  Apparently Ana doesn't love my ultra delicious lentil and veggie soup.  It's so good, but no, she'd rather eat all the Irish soda bread I tend to bake with it.

It really is so nice to take it easy.  No place to go, no uncomfortable clothing to wear.  I will miss having lots of desserts, but do I really need them?  No, no, I certainly do not.

The tarot card I pulled today was the Queen of Wands, a card of independence.  It really made me smile.  You don't realize how refreshing it is to have an online ritual with people who share the same beliefs you do as opposed to being dragged to places where you must pretend to be someone you're not, all for the sake of keeping up appearances.  It's exhausting.

This card is totally me.

And now, it is tea time.

Blessed Yuletide everyone!

🌒🌕🌘












Comments

Popular Posts