The Last Finished Items of 2021

I quickly finished three projects for three different people, all before Christmas.  The first was the sweater I was working on for Ninkie.  It came out well enough, the neck looks a bit off to my eyes though, but she has a big head anyway, as do most little kids.

Next was a quick hat for the little boy downstairs.  He just turned three and refuses to even wear a hat.  Oh well.  His mom is my Avon lady, not that I order Avon at all anymore, but still, I like to look through the catalogs and imagine a day when I can wear red lipstick again without having to wear a mask, a girl can dream.  Anyway, she got Dino and Ana a little something, so I had to make sure he got something handmade.


Finally, I found this amazing pattern for something called a dumpling cat.  Obviously, I had to make one.  I sent it off to Elijah for his birthday which was a few days after Christmas.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Crocheting has been somewhat difficult for me lately.


Cute right?

Unfortunately, with the uptick in cases... again; I had to mail Ninkie and Eli their presents, it cost me way too much which sucks.  I'm going to be ordering groceries again I guess.  Imperfect Foods added a bunch of new vegan options, so that's cool since meat prices are thoroughly insane, so I guess jack fruit meatballs it is! 

As of right now, Ana will have to stay home for a week, they want to test everyone so they could open the week after.  They're probably going to hold off on making vaccines mandatory, unfortunately there are a lot of pseudo crunchy anti-vaxxers in the neighborhood.  You know the type, they drink a bottle of wine a night, and their kids can only eat organic chicken nuggets, they're also church going Christians which boggles my mind, Jesus and Bach Flower Essences simply do not mix.

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of 2021.  Time has gone by too quickly.  I hate that we're going into yet another year of this bullshit.  The only thing I can do is keep myself and my children safe, and the cat, I mustn't forget the cat.

🧶

 

Comments

Popular Posts