Beltane 2023


Another Sabbat devoid of ritual and fan fare.  I wish I could just go somewhere and do something!  I would love to attend the May Pole again.  That was power, that was energy!  That was feeling magick in a metropolis sandwiched between two rivers, where magick should be abundant!

At least I spent two hours outside reading, with the sun on my face as dark clouds quickly gathered threatening rain, in a mocking will it, won’t it tug o’ war.  It still hasn’t, but considering our entire weekend was washed out, it’s nice that it has remained dry even though we very much need the water.

This morning, I did my usual, my tarot spread and various posts for Saged.  I only get The Sacred Cycles Deck out for Sabbats, so I used that for this simple four card spread:


I also began yet another monthly Tarot Challenge from Lion Harts.  Of course I pulled death:


But who doesn’t love a horse skull clad mother stomping on her baby?  I feel like there’s a Cubone joke in there somewhere but I’m much too tired to think it through.

After all that was done and the Palo Santo incense stick had finished burning at my altar, I baked apple cinnamon muffins with sliced almonds on top.  (Decidedly not Beltane tradition!) I made them vegan because I only had two eggs left and I wish to eat them for my breakfast tomorrow!  They turned out a tad dense, yet moist and obviously very delicious.  I didn’t get a picture and the rest are all in my large tiffin, so use your imagination.

The rest of my evening was taken up with Girl Scouts and by then it’s late and time to wind down.  By 7 exhaustion sets in and I don’t do anything besides complain about my aching leg, which, I don’t know, could have fared better at a May Pole!

Thus ends this year’s Beltane.  It was the thought that counts right?

🔥


Comments

Popular Posts