Ostara 2024

 

You like my buns?

I made these Hot Cross Buns, sans crosses today for this terribly brisk first day of spring.  We were spoiled last week with warmth and sunshine, but oh no, today I had to turn my heat back on and now I’m still cold!

Now, the reason my buns don’t bare crosses isn’t because I’m Pagan and protesting or whatever, it’s because we only ate three and I froze the rest for the weekend when Dino will be home.  I certainly didn’t want to make two batches.  I’m a lazy witch, remember?  I made a tiny bit of icing that we schmeared on individually with a butter knife.  They were pretty darn good.

I think I actually overworked myself today.  I did a lot.  I baked, I made soup, cleaned and knitted.  At 7pm EST, I tuned into the ritual on Saged.  Twas lovely, as usual.  We aligned our chakras as a spring cleaning meditation.  High vibrational work, as one does.

I did manage to take a picture of my dinner before I ate it though, so that’s something.  I made a chili spiced red lentil and chickpea soup, I also had the last slice of sour dough bread.  I can’t bake another loaf until I get more bread flour!  The soup was delicious though, so I shall make it again, luckily I have left overs for lunch or dinner tomorrow, I guess it depends on how busy I am… 

Vegan soups are great for a cold start to spring!

Finally, I managed to squeeze in a small Ostara tarot spread:


This was actually a really great reading, I was pleasantly surprised.  I know you guys are seeing Death and thinking “what the fuck is she talking about?!”

Death, has his scythe, and is literally spring cleaning.  This card is telling me I gotta clear out the old: old stuff, dirt, grime, as well as spiritual baggage so I can get my shit together and have a good time until the next Sabbat.  See, no worries, all is well.

And thus ends my quiet, and still chaotic Ostara.  Sometimes I forget how tired my body gets and I think I can do all the things, but then I’m left exhausted.  It’s sucks, but I’m ok.  I did what I could, and it was a good Sabbat.

Blessed Be!

🌸

Comments

Popular Posts