Completing the Pokedex.




I have been playing Pokemon since 1998.  I was 13.  I'm now 31 and I still play.  It's fun.  It keeps me entertained and gives my brain a work out in strategy, or something, I don't know, who cares?  Pikachu is fucking cute!

Anyway, after all those years of playing, I have never completed the Pokedex.  It's one of those things you are supposed to do, but I haven't.  Now two new games are coming out at the end of the year (which might I add is the 20th anniversary) and that's only going to add even MORE monsters to acquire.

Part of the problem with completing the Dex over the years was ease of accessibility.  In the old days you needed to be in the actual presence of a person and possess a link cable, but people were unwilling to trade their beloved Pokemon!  Then with wifi things got easier, perhaps a little too easy for hackers.  I do have some hacked Pokemon that I use for breeding.  (Yes, I make them do things to each other to produce eggs.) This gets me the ones I need for trade.

Lately, I've been having some varied success in completing my dex.  My strategy is to get a Kanto Pokemon (those seem to be elusive for some) give it Pokerus (another rare in-game condition) and attach an Enigma berry, because those were event only and people want them.

Thusly, I am able to get what I want, usually quite quickly.  Sometimes, it's been over night, but very rarely.

So far I am at 667 out of 722.  721 is Hoopa, and 722 is Volcanion which technically hasn't been released get in the US, but kids in Japan have them and of course hackers put them out there with their perfect stats.

I'm hoping to complete it within the next few weeks.  Then, I'll get back to my knitting.  Usually knitting and writing take a back seat, like third row seat, to playing Pokemon.  It is a time consuming game, but all of my hobbies are!

Now, back to the fields of Kalos I go!

Comments

  1. Im gonna try not to get all giddy here. I played Pokemon in my teens on GBC and GBA, but only recently got back into it. So, you talk about hacked pokemon and breeding... So I have to ask which specific pokemon games you are talking about and which console or handheld?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts