In Defense of Picture Magick

A parchment Shadow wrote on with words of intent and symbols.

Lately, many people have been asking about spells, in particular love spells, which I will probably discuss is a separate post.

I would say that a good number of the members of the Google+ Pagan communities are teenagers and young adults and that is the number one reason why I always offer up picture magick as a way to cast spells.

Picture magick has been used since ancient times (I know I say a lot of shit has been used since ancient times, but I don't study Hellenism for shits and giggles 😎).  It probably has a proper name but I've just always called it this.  For me, it encompasses sigils, symbols, glyphs and of course simple pictures.  The word hieroglyph is infact a Greek word roughly translating to sacred writing.  So, think of picture magick as your sacred writing, or drawing if you will.

The beauty of this type of spell is in its simplicity.  One doesn't need colored candles, incense, oils, correspondences to zodiac and moon phases or whether or not your girlfriend is menstruating after the quarter moon (why is everyone so obsessed with blood magick? 😒).  You just draw your intent on a small piece of paper.  You can make it as complex as you want, but why would you?

Magick is intent.  My intent for, let's say more money (it's always more money isn't it? 💲💲💲), can clearly be written down thusly:
Green beeswax crayon on scrap paper for simple money spell.

That's it.

The most basic, easiest form of spell casting.  As you're drawing or writing, meditate on it, and when you're done you can meditate on it further, but as with all spells, set it and forget it!  Fold it up and put it in a drawer, in-between the pages of your Book of Shadows, and if you're like me and use a Moleskine with that oh so handy pocket in the back, slip it in there.

Your spell has been cast and now you can go about your day.  Further more, if you are a teen, your parents won't catch you in the act of spell casting with circle, burning candles and pungent incense wafting through their house.  The way I see it as a mom and a former teen is that it's a win win situation.

As for efficacy, some people have said: "no way can that work, it's too easy".  And in that you're wrong.  It has worked for Shadow and I many a time.  He has gotten a job and later bigger checks, and has also done favorably in his court hearing for the accident.  I stated before that magick is intent, one must work with this belief that it will work, other wise what's the point in practicing witchcraft at all?  Don't second guess yourself.  However if you want to bring in all the paraphernalia, then you're allowed to do that.  It's your choice.  I am presenting an easy to follow, no frills way to work magick.

That's it.

Now, you must excuse me for I have a book to read.

Blessed Be!
🌛🌝🌜

Comments

Popular Posts