New Journal

The lecture notes from the witch bottle class I taught.

I used to go through many a Moleskine.  I was a die hard fan and would purchase the special editions for myself and my son.  I still have my boxed Pokemon edition on the shelf, untouched, but a few years ago I came across a video on Goulet Pens explaining the Midori Traveler's Notebook and I just thought it was the coolest and most organized thing ever.

Having lost all of my previous journals, I thought I deserved a new start and that I'd treat myself to something nice.  This is something I use every day after all, so that meant it was certainly a worthwhile investment.

I was of course diligent in finishing the one I was currently writing in.  I had started it January 7, 2019 and I wrote the last entry on November 11th, two weeks ago.  I keep calling it a journal, but the reality is, it's my Working Book of Shadows as well as common place book.  My combination of it all.  Everything goes into it.  Entries range from tarot spreads, and lists of books I've read and want to read, to those entries about Shadow's death.  Almost two years of my life, ups and downs and everything in between.


The finished journal.


The only issue I've had over the years is that I've kept a separate date book.  I have an iPhone, and yet, it's so much easier for me to write everything by hand.  That's the one app I just can't get down with using because I don't find it intuitive.  I remember it being more user friendly, but now it's a pain in the ass.  Now with my new Traveler's Notebook, I have a datebook insert, so everything is all under the same cover.  It's very convenient.  With the cover and folder insert, all I have to purchase now are journal inserts and once a year the weekly diary.  This new set up will also save me money in the long run, so win win in my book.


Old journal, current date book and new Traveler's Notebook.

Now, when I finish an insert, I can date the cover, and stack them all neatly in a keepsake box.  Who knows, maybe when I'm gone (many, many years from now), my children will be able to either publish them or donate them to a museum (there are in fact museums and libraries that collect journals).  Anderson Cooper was comforted by his late mother's journals, I would like the same for my kids.  I only have a few examples of Shadow's handwriting, and I really wish I had something more substantial from him for Ana, but at least she can have something written by her mama.


Silver Goddess and crescent moon charms I added to the closure.

I'm hoping that this new set up works for me. Time will tell!

Blessed Be!

🌛🌝🌜

Comments

Popular Posts