Samhain 2020




I decided to bake soul cakes for the first time.  I followed a traditional British recipe, but made them vegan, cause I didn’t have milk, or butter.  They came out okay, I did leave out the raisins because no one likes them, and of course we left a cake on a plate for Shadow on the altar.  My skeleton yogi is holding my full moon intentions and I think it's time to move those small plants as it's getting rather crowded.





Once again, I performed the ritual from Llewellyn’s Sabbats Almanac and I added additions for the blue moon.  I try to keep things as simple as possible for everyone.  No specific tools and keeping it to the basics, white candles, water, salt and whatever incense they have.  Those cover the four elements, so overall that’s pretty much what anyone would need for whatever ritual they'd like to perform.

I joked that Shadow had better not show himself just because the veil between worlds is thin, he could be here, like he probably always is, but he knows better not to scare me!  I hope he liked his soul cake on the astral, he probably would have liked some ale to go with it, but I run a teetotaler household.

When the ritual was over, the group and I had a lovely chit chat like we have been doing after each ritual lately.  I take the time to dispel any myths they’ve heard from the dummies on social media. (Don’t get me started).  It’s really nice to be able to have these discussions and perform rituals online when we can’t meet face to face anymore.  I can even practice tarot reading more frequently now which is great!

Despite being stuck indoors and not being able to trick or treat with the kids, we had a good Halloween/Samhain.  I made steaks for dinner with salad (not traditional but delicious), and ate way too many chocolates.  A nice peaceful night in my book.

Blessed Be!

🌝

Comments

Popular Posts