Harvest Moon 2023

My giant candle, anointed and rolled in a mixture of rosemary and basil.


I don’t have a picture of Her tonight, because it’s been pouring rain all day and all night to the point that Hoboken and NYC are both flooded.  As for me, my children and cat, we are all fine and dandy in our third floor apartment on top of the cliff, where it will never flood; ever.

What else could I do on a soggy and dark day but light a giant white candle in honor of the Super Full Moon?  This thing was hiding in my altar cabinet for the longest.  Shadow had purchased it from Trader Joe’s at some point, possibly in 2018 and carved a spiral into it.  I didn’t want to use it, but then I realized I was tired of using Hanukkah candles for everything, so I broke out this bad boy to “decorate”.

Yes, I was bored, but feeling super witchy this morning.  Coffee doesn’t help.

I pulled out rosemary, basil and some oil; probably jojoba, I honestly don’t know.  I used my handy dandy Outlander mortar and pestle to grind the herbs down a bit, then I rubbed the oil all over it and rolled the candle in the herb mixture that I had unceremoniously dumped on a piece of parchment.  Thus, the candle you see above!

I had it burning for over three hours before I snuffed it out so I could pick Ana up from school.  It didn’t even burn to the edge, I suspect it will just tunnel.  Story of my life lately.

Oh well.

As ceremony was last night, I had nothing scheduled for today besides my usual posts on Saged, a tarot spread (of course) and journaling.  I had decided to put some orange ink into my pen (yet another mind numbing morning activity) and oh so seasonably appropriate.  However, with my aging eyes, a pale orange may have been a poor choice.  I shan’t be showing that page here though!

Nonetheless, I shall show my tarot spread, because it’s pretty and insightful and I matched my cards and crystals again, because why the fuck not?


Beautiful is it not?  I like to pair lapis with The Magus.  It kind of rhymes, but also because it’s an Egyptian inspired deck and they loved lapis for everything.

And there ends my night.  I am all cleaned up, teeth brushed, I even anointed my wrists with a banishing oil to get rid of the cosmic funk.  I hope I can view the Moon tomorrow.  My Druid friend Will did send me a pic from his home in North Carolina, so that was nice, but nothing like seeing Her in person that’s for sure!

Blessed Full Moon!

🌝
 

Comments

Popular Posts