Mabon 2023

 

Autumn blew in with a vengeance this year…

It’s been dark and dreary all day.  One minute rain is gently trickling and the next it’s coming down in sheets, water rushing in the gutters.  What does one do on a Sabbat like this?  Not go to Lidl to replenish one’s flour, so one can make flat bread. 😅

I cooked literally all day today.  In the morning it was pancakes, in the afternoon, it was flat bread, and then come three o’clock, I was prepping apples for apple crisp, veggies for lentil soup and more flat bread for dinner.  Needless to say, we ate quite well on this harvest day!

Here are pictures of our dinner and dessert:


Lentil, potato, kale and sausage soup, with warm flat bread.

Apple crisp, I make my topping with tons of butter and oatmeal.

Between all that cooking, I managed to not only make my posts on Saged App, but also pull my tarot spreads and write my daily journal entry.  In keeping with my routine, I used The Sacred Cycles Oracle for this Mabon spread, which I got in an email from Writual Planner:



It’s also that time of year where I finish this year’s Sabbat Almanac, they run from Samhain to Mabon.  I’m hoping Amazon has another double Kindle points day before Samhain so I can download the 2024 edition!


What’s cozier than a book and crystals on a stormy day?

Saged held their Mabon/Equinox ritual on Thursday, which was nice because I am too tired right now to even think about dropping into ceremony with full attention.  I have rope incense burning at the altar and I am ready for a warm bath to drive off this chill, then some quiet time reading some more before I go to sleep.  As for my babies, Dino is Dino and at 16 can take care of his own nightly routine, and Ana has been read to, tucked in and fast asleep!

Blessed Mabon fellow Witches!

🌾🧡


Comments

Popular Posts