New Year’s Eve 2023

 

Another planner finished, another year gone forever…

I didn’t write much on the blog this year.  I think for 2024, I want to try and write everyday again.  It’ll give me something to do and I suppose any witchy stuff I post can help those beginners who may need it.

That said, time to get into the recaps of my hobbies for the year:

Books Read: 88 (50 big people books, the rest children's)

Knitting and Crochet Projects Completed: 15

Dimes Found: $5.00

Yes, I still count like a kindergartener!

The final dime was actually found today in the laundromat right by the bottom dryer I was using.  I told Shadow’s mom, since she finds dimes too, and she said “Wow, he is stronger than ever!”.  He of course being Shadow.  At this rate, they might out grow the Wish dish be bought me!

Besides laundry, other clean up tasks in our magickal household included putting the Yule decor away.  Right now my apartment door is naked, but that’s ok cause I’m gonna wash it tomorrow and re-ward it as I do every year, which I will post about.  Our altar is kinda naked as well.  In a few weeks I’ll put out Bride in her bed for Imbolc, until then… it’s Hellenic minimalist.

It’s clean, that’s all that matters!

After finishing my 2023 planner, naturally I did a spread for 2024:


I like how my main theme of 2024 is the 6 of Disks: Success.  I could use some success, especially when it comes to getting good yarn deals so I can knit more!

Tomorrow I will be doing the one for The Moon Deck and of course starting my new planner.  You know what I won’t be doing tomorrow? Continuing on with The Witches’ Almanac Calendar which goes until March.  No.  Never again.  Worst idea ever.  First of all, it went by zodiac sign instead of month, second the pictures were meh, and third, it gave weird advice like “pray to your gods” and “enjoy a winter fire”, like what?  I want moon phases and concrete instructions for when I’m being a lazy witch!  Their regular almanac is great, the calendar, not so much.

I’m getting old and can’t get used to new things.  I’ll stick with Llewellyn’s, they know how to make a good walk calendar.

So, that’s about it.  It’s around 8pm EST here and we’re winding down for the night.  I’m gonna take a shower, and then put my ear plugs in so I can read in peace while the entire neighborhood goes insane.  Ah, quiet.

Blessed Be my dear readers, and have a wonderful New Year!

🥳



Comments

Popular Posts