Yule 2023



Looks quite magickal, if I do say so myself!

I wanted a simple, quiet evening at home, and that’s exactly what I got!  Sadly, Dino was not here, but we shall have a larger feast with presents when he comes home on the 26th.

I took this picture after tonight’s ritual was over, while I blasted Yanni’s Live at the Acropolis to drown out someone’s terrible Christmas music blaring outside.  At first I thought it was carolers as I heard completely tone deaf children sing.  Turns out those tone deaf children were recorded for an album!  My poor classically trained ears!  Hence, the blasting of Yanni.

Earlier today I did my usual tarot pulls and journaling, as well as this short Solstice spread:


Concise and lovely, just the way I like it.  Apparently I’ve been giving myself too many choices (The Lovers) and must stop doing that in the New Year ahead.  I suppose if Trump wins, that choice will be narrowed down to one.  Leave the US for the EU!

I digress…

This morning I also finished this 369 journal that I received as a gift from Saged:

It was an entire year, once a week, I’m glad it’s done.  I think it’s a good technique for some, but not necessarily my own cup of tea.

The rest of my day was filled with watching fun TV, the usual: aliens, The Unxplained with William Shatner, and other strange documentaries, while I sat and knit and puttered around the apartment because I’m really an old lady and I simply can not be out in this cold.  It physically pains me!

Anywho…

For our small Yule feast I decided I’d make an easy meal from the land of my people:

Roasted pork cubes, flat bread that I made from scratch myself because I’m a good little Greek girl, olives and the last of the spicy feta spread from TJ’s, which is pretty good, but of course, I’ve had better and should be making it myself, but I’m lazy enough to make flat breads, not spicy feta spread.

Here is how I ate mine:

Delicious, in no way nutritious, and tastes like my childhood.  We didn’t have veggies.  You see, we’ve been eating like poor Irish peasants all month so that we can indulge during Yule and Christmas.  We spent three days going through a massive pot of lentil, bean and spinach soup.  It was delicious.  There was brown bread involved, which I also made from scratch.  We deserved not to eat some greens tonight, which is very un-Greek.

After dinner it was time for the ritual, there was music, there was quarter calling and meditation, chakra breathing, and I journaled a bit afterwards:


And that is that.  Yule night done.  No presents, no people, no elaborate spreads.  It was great.  One doesn’t need much to have a good old fashioned solstice!  Perhaps mine was a bit more pious than ruckus, oh well, to each their own.

Blessed Be dear readers, be merry!

❄️

(A freaking snowflake emoji, when I hate the snow and half of NJ is under water right now, meshugguneh!)


Comments

Popular Posts