We Think They're Watching Us


Some pretty weird things have been going on lately, mostly to Shadow but I've had some bizarre phone calls too.

So, as many of you know, Shadow fell off of the scaffolding he was erecting almost four years ago, actually just after we concieved Ana.  I've never discussed any of the legal aspects because for one thing, I don't really know them and second, they're not mine to discuss.  Shadow and I are not married.  It's nobodies damned business but his.

Anyway, starting in September, I began receiving phone calls from Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield about our Medicare case in NYC, but they'd always ask about Shadow's health stuff, not mine or Ana's (Dino wasn't on our policy).  I didn't tell the gentleman on the phone anything.  He was obviously Jamaican.  He called three times.  All I said was, "you need to speak with Shadow about this, his number should be on file too, here it is in case it isn't".  Mind you, both our numbers were always on everything.

Periodically I'd recieve a phone call about Shadow and still give them his number and tell them to call.  They'd always say they were from Blue Cross.  I just got two calls last week, two different people and I said the same thing.  His number should be on file, call him, here it is again.  The second person said, no one made a note of it, so I gave it again.

Now, yesterday Shadow tells me that he recieved a very strange phone call saying that they were from the post office and couldn't deliver a check.  The woman on the phone read off both addresses in NYC from the shelter we were in together as a family and the men's shelter he was in by himself.  She explained that the check had gone first to Queens, then to Manhattan, and finally they were trying to deliver it to him in Cali.

First of all, the post office doesn't call people.  Second of all they shouldn't know it's a check and third of all they said there was a driver outside his mom's house and there wasn't.

There is no check.  One was never issued from anything regarding his case.

Here is another scary occurrence: There was a helicopter hovering over his mom's property.

Shadow was able to trace the phone number that called him after confirming with the post office that they never called, would never call and there was nothing for him with them.  The number is from Florida.  He was even able to get the address it's registered to, if that info is correct with the way people change numbers nowadays.

Who knows?  They're probably reading this right now, just like my ex boyfriends and all those other people that like to stalk me.

What's going on?

We have our suspicions. 

It's known that when someone applies for disability or has a lawsuit that they do send out private investigators to capture surveillance on people who are trying to scam the insurance companies.  For example, catching someone lifting heavy groceries out of their car when they claim they can't carry things due to pain.  Or capturing video of a person jogging when they claim that they need a walker to get around.  So, this could be one of those investigators.  OK, fine dude, that your job, just don't scare people.

There is no doubt that Shadow is doing better, but on my good days, he is not as good as me.  He has to rest constantly, he falls asleep all the time (oh my Gods it's so annoying!), and he twitches and shifts in pain which is what my bad days look like too.  Sleeping next to him was the worst, he shakes and stiffens and winds up screaming due to the nerve pain.  He can't sit or stand for too long and he brings a blanket in his walker so he can lie down at the park when we take Ana.

I have said, look if the court Dr wants you to go back to work, then you need to be retrained for a new skill set and they should pay for it.  Furthermore who the hell is going to hire him like that when he has narcolepsy?!

I get it, you must weed out the fakers otherwise the government loses money for people that actually need it like mentally retarded children who's parents keep saying they're autistic.  If your kid keeps drooling and banging their skull into the wall, I'm sorry Carol, but Ian isn't going to college.

😂

My other conspiracy theory is that someone somehow is trying to get like an advance on whatever money he will get in the suit, which he'd then not have money himself but be made to pay the interest which is something obscene like 33 percent.

Like what if this is a major thing poor people do in Florida?  There is REAL poverty down there.  What if some how these people get the info from people's cases and try and get checks out of them?

Or, is it some tactic the insurance company uses with all the phone calls to check up on people?

Are they watching me?

Well, I hope they are.  Shadow was my care giver.  I was in fucking bed unable to walk for months and he still took care of me before and after his surgery.  He would come home from work dead tired and still take care of Ana when she was a newborn.  He still went to work point blank even though he was injured, and just took ibuprofen to get through the day before he became partially paralyzed, we had to buy those massive bottles from Costco!  He was in the hospital for over a month while I took care of Ana alone with no one to take care of me.  We have both seen each other at our absolute worst, but he knew going into this relationship that I was sick, no one plans for both partners to be incapacitated!

We have been through fucking hell the past three years.  That's our daughter's entire life.  Three years of pain and suffering, hospitalizations, opioids, nasty TNF blockers and soon to be chemo for me.

He can't take of me, and I can't take care of him.  We're fucking screwed.  All we want to do is get better, but it's taking years and I have a degenerative joint disease so that might not even happen for me.

So to the people who are watching, reading and calling.  Fuck you. Seriously.  We're not trying to scam anyone.  I live in fucking Newark where there is a murder every day.  I am 33 and need a cane because they said I'm too young to get my knee replaced. Shadow deserves better than all of this.  He could have died.  So have some compassion.

Jerks.

To my regular readers and kind friends, I appreciate any insight you have regarding any of this.  You're all amazing, and I appreciate your friendship.

Blessed Be!

🌛🌝🌜

Comments

Popular Posts