NYC Pagan Pride Day 2019


The altar at the main ritual.


This year’s Pagan Pride was kind of a flop.  It was alright, the best part was the main ritual held on the green.  There didn’t seem to be as many stalls as there usually are and there were massive lines of tourists for the ferry rides.  A few of the vendors were the same from last year and then there were so many of them selling homemade bath and body stuff!  Now, that’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s just that I enjoy variety.  Shadow would have been bummed out that no one had any crystals.



It was weird not having Shadow there.  He probably would have been bored though.  I packed a picnic lunch for the children and I, apples, salami, cheese, a tuna salad, and whole grain water crackers.  I also made half a gallon of lemonade in the massive mug we got from the state fair, man that really expensive thing came in handy!  Ana thought the best part was the picnic!

Here she is blowing bubbles after we ate:



The morning of, I made flower crowns for Dino and Ana, there weren’t enough flowers for another crown even though I only did the fronts, so I wore a headband I had purchased at Flying Tiger some time ago.

Here we are in our crowns:



This was the schedule for workshops during the day, usually there are a lot more, Dino was disappointed that his favorite tarot reader wasn’t doing a class again, the young gentleman really was amazing last year and we both learned a lot.



Finally, here are the two items I purchased for our apartment.  Both are handmade, the Goddess is made by the same people who made the fractal triple moon plaque I got last year, no fractal on this one but still a nice addition to our decorations.


This wall hanging is one I thought Shadow might have loved, it has a hand painted moth on it and moths love to be where there is light, so this house talisman brings light into your home, definitely something we need these days.  It was made by the couple we see every year, the husband shakes your hand, then shakes his hips because he jingles.  It’s all very festive.




We wound up leaving early, I was very tired and my back was beginning to hurt.  We packed up and took the bus back up town and another bus across to Weehawken.  Overall, it was a good day.

Blessed Be!
๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒœ


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts