Witch Fest 2019

Witch Fest 2019 haul.


This should have been posted in July when it the actual event was but I was waiting to see what pics Shadow had taken, the police still have his phone, so once I get everything sorted perhaps there will be more to share.  This was the last event we ever went to.

We finally went to Witch Fest this year.  I’ve been wanting to go for ages but I was always in Florida, had no money, or feeling like crap.  It was just supposed to be me and Shadow, but last minute plans got changed and we had to bring Ana, sadly Dino couldn’t go cause he was with his dad.  He really didn’t miss much.

Witch Fest is organized by the same people that do Pagan Pride Day, so you see the same folks there, which is awesome.  I got to sit down for part of a lecture on oils and took some notes before Ana needed to go to the bathroom.  I never get to finish lectures.

We saw some amazing belly dancing where most of the dancers were women of a certain age and older, let’s call them Golden Girls and they absolutely rocked!  I didn’t take a pic because I was living in the moment watching them and holding Ana’s hand.  I did get this pic, looking west down Astor Place:


I can’t believe my finger was in the way, I haven’t done that in a long time.  Looks pretty normal right?  No one was really dressed over the top, but around 2pm the Jesus lovers showed up with signs and a mega phone screaming about how we had to stop sinning and go to hell.  NYPD was called and told them to get out, but they stayed on the corner sans megaphone trying to get peoples attention, but this is New York and no one pays attention to loonies.

Most of my time there was spent watching Ana under the kids tent.  They had a mat on the floor with craft supplies and they let me sit in one of their camping chairs.  Here is my poor pale baby over heated trying to draw pictures:



She looks miserable, but she didn’t want to leave the tent, she drew several pictures, we tried to make a Goddess Eye, but the stick broke, so I cut some thread and made her a totem pole friendship bracelet instead.  I don’t have a picture of that either, it’s some where in her stuff.

Last but not least are the two things I bought for Dino boy.  A small tote and a Pikachu necklace, Shadow bought a dragon pin for his hat, but he’s out wearing it, so no pic of that.

And then you have it, an ok event, not much to do and hot.  Pagan Pride Day is in September so we will definitely go to that.

Blessed Be everyone!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts