Currently Reading

 


Finally a well written book featuring witches!  I swear I’ve had to endure too many books that should have never been published.

This is a refreshing cup of iced tea on a hot dry day.  And yes, I am aware the book is about wine making in France, but I don’t drink, so iced tea it is, which is indeed very witchy.

I actually chose to read this because it was on the list for the Kindle Summer Reading Challenge, to which there is absolutely no reward besides bragging rights with your friends.  Amazon is so stingy now they can’t even give a coupon let alone a voucher for a book.  Calm down Jeff, it’s digital, it doesn’t even exist!

Anyway, I’m adoring this book so far!  It truly is a relief to read something that isn’t trashy and geared toward trashy teenagers.  When I was their age I was reading Toni Morrison!

I swear, the state of literature today.

What’s also nice is that so far the magic isn’t all up in your face.  It’s subtle, it’s energy within the body being manipulated for practical matters.  It’s the type of witchcraft that’s closest to what we practice in real life.

I’m only really about 10 percent in, I’m gonna be so mad if it takes a turn for the worse into cliche territory.  This is a trilogy so I really hope that’s not the case.

And now it’s time to get back to my reading.  Time’s a wastin’! 

📖


Comments

Popular Posts