Lammas 2022

 


This is our altar tonight, fresh and clean from yesterday’s dusting and re organizing.  I have no grains to offer or pieces of bread.  I’m exhausted from being out all day.

This morning, bright and early my friend took us to the beach in Point Pleasant.  I had never been and quite frankly, I don’t ever want to go again.  On the way, we stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts, and that’s where we had our requisite Lammas bread.  I, a multigrain bagel, and Ana a bag of munchkins.  

Now, Ana of course, is a total beach girl, and will probably live in a coastal town at some point.  Technically Weehawken is coastal, but we don’t have a beach.  Here she is enjoying the surf and sand:


After coming home, I had to hurry and take Strawberry to the vet.  She needed her yearly physical as well as her rabies vaccine.  Also, because she is coming to California with us this year, she needs a health certificate and a prescription of Gabapentin which will keep her calm during the 6 hour flight.

Once her appointment was over I toted her over to Trader Joe’s and got her some kitty treats as well as snacks for Ana and I.  I also purchased a quick dinner, my favorite salad and some grilled chicken to mix into it:


Passion fruit Le Croix makes for an excellent summer libation.  As you can see, I got stickers and a bar of lemon verbena soap to take in my duffle bag.  It was Shadow’s favorite scent, it will also last way longer than the month we are staying for.  This was the perfect Lammas dinner, really it’s the perfect anytime dinner.

Now I get to sit and unwind.  I’m too tired to do a tarot reading or anything for that matter.  As they say, no rest for the wicked. 😜

Blessed Be!

🌾

Comments

Popular Posts