Finished: “Ash”

 


Though he wasn’t entirely finished in this photo, I’m using it anyway because I haven’t gotten a photo of him in all his crochet and knit glory.  He now dons a red sweater and a green scarf.

Obligatory back story:

Grandma bought the OG Ash from Target a few years ago.  He was cheaply made, but still that kinda ok quality that Target is known for.  For whatever reason, Ana took to this ornament and instead of it being used on Grandma’s tree, he became a companion during their lengthy FaceTime calls.

He was very much a therapy dog.

Speaking of dogs, the whole reason why I needed to make a new one was because of Grandma’s new dog.  A female French bulldog rescue who ate Ash.  Most of his well loved cheaply made body was utterly destroyed.  He was sadly beyond repair and he had been repaired multiple times already just not to that extent.

So, now Ash has been resurrected, reborn.  I dread it when she inevitably asks me “why can’t daddy be reborn into a new body?”.  I know it’s coming.  At least she will have Ash to talk to.  I wonder if she’ll even let me send him off to California?

The fucking things we do for love man.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts