Ostara 2023

 


Sometimes all you need for ritual is a simple cup of tea and a flame to light the dark.  I was so busy yesterday that I didn’t tune into the Ostara live stream, and I didn’t watch the play back today.  And that’s ok, because I did what was meaningful for me.

Here is a quick recap of my first day of spring:

After making my Ostara posts for the Saged community, I did my personal tarot spread:


I decided to use The Sacred Cycles Oracle for this spread.  It’s the perfect deck for all 8 Sabbats.  The imagery is in complete alignment with the wheel of the year at least that’s my opinion!

After tidying up the apartment, I spent 2 hours at the park with Ana before Girl Scouts.  I got plenty of sunshine and fresh air and got to see many new flowers poking through the soil.  I didn’t stop to take a pic.

We came home and I quickly heated up some leftovers from yesterday, no big feast today.  I shall cook a yummy meal for us all on Friday when Dino is home.

When everything was cleaned up, I took out the “bath tea” that I received in this month’s Goddess Provisions box:


The blend smelled amazing and even better when I placed it in my bath!  I’m so glad I have enough for a few more soaks.  I might even do one again tomorrow for the new moon.  As you can see, I transferred the herbs from the pouch into a mason jar.  The little organza bag was tucked into the paper pouch and I almost made a massive mess when I opened it.  A few leaves did get on the counter, but everything else made it into the jar and then the pouch.  I think I might look into this company to see what other blends of bath tea they make.  

I could replicate it myself, but often times what happens when you’re on a fixed income like me is that you wind up spending more money trying to make something yourself then just buying it ready made to begin with.  Individual herbs would definitely be one of those cases.

It is now time for me to actually go to bed.  I’ve enjoyed my tea and my candle will soon be spent.

Blessed Be!

🌸

Comments

Popular Posts