Currently Reading

 


I’m reading this on my Kindle and at 18 percent in, it’s not exactly what I was expecting.  I’ve already passed a part where the author mentions how they went on a “vision quest”.  I’m sorry what?  No where in my many years of watching documentaries on The Celts, and British Isles and their pre Christian practices have I ever come across that term for that side of the world.

Yet, Barbara is supposed to be a Scottish insider right?  The fucking forward is written by Druid in hiding himself Ronald Hutton!  I thought I was going to be reading about the highlands, and the stones and the land, and fae, and the herbs and so much more, I don’t know I’m picturing Outlander based on this book cover and what I’m getting is Silver Raven Wolf hiding out in New Mexico somewhere with a cactus drink.

Well, I’ll continue onward cause that’s what I do.  I gotta read it as a Mother Witch, so I can tell the young ones to stay clear.  I wish I could write more eloquently and critique properly when it comes to these books.  Really, I do.  There’s nothing wrong with the author’s style, it’s just I don’t believe that she’s living this Scottish Witch life day to day and holds some ancient wisdom that I’d like some insight into.  Honestly, it’s from Professor Hutton’s books that one gets the real deep dive into the religious practices of the ancient British Isles.

What I want to read about is the everyday practice of someone privy to that alleged ancient lineage of witchery.  How does your morning go?  Do you greet the dawn by stepping out into your garden, arms held high?  Are there recipes you learned from your great grandmother who made it through WW2 with a flourishing garden and a smile on her face?

I don’t know man.  It’s tiring reading the same fucking beginner shit over and over and never picking up anything new.  I’ll finish it, and then I’ll try and find something better to read.

Meh.

😕

Comments

Popular Posts