Finished: Pink Cardigan

 


Ana loves her new sweater!  It actually came out a bit bigger than I expected.  I’ve previously knit her a women’s size XS in a different pattern, and she is getting a second year out of that one, but this one may be good for three or more!

One could hope anyway.

The only problem I ran into with this pattern was that I could have run out of yarn!  This was over 1000 yards and I have a small ball left.  Currently I’ve cast on for the same pattern for myself and now I’m worried I’ll definitely run out!  But, I’m not going to rip it out.  I’m going to keep going and if need be, pay my brother in law gas money to take me to Hobby Lobby, luckily my sister wants to go too, so we can easily plan a morning when the girls are at school and Eli is off work.

Another thing I’m relieved about is the buttons.  I had 7 or 8 picked out and sitting on the book shelf but a few got knocked off somewhere.  Luckily, I was able to find more in my dwindling button jar.  Ana likes the blue buttons too, which is yet another relief.  She wanted me to go to the store and buy fancy buttons, but the buttons in the jar must be used!  They’re vintage!  Honestly, I really need to go to the thrift store, I’m in need of more buttons and two more tea cups.

I still haven’t gotten a picture of her IN the sweater, which sucks.  Cause now she’s at that age where she doesn’t want her photo taken.  Whatever child, get over yourself.  Not many people view my finished items on Ravelry anyway.

One day I’ll get a pic!

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts