Started: Pink Cardigan

 

Oh so pink…

Naturally, this is for Ana.  I originally started the back as a raglan from the sweater wheel pattern, but decided I was tired with knitting narrow 1960’s necks.  I really liked the easy shaping and wider neck of this simple raglan found on the Lion Brand Yarn site, so I ripped it out and started this instead.  

I’ve knit this sweater once before back in 2017 for myself in Vanna’s Choice.  It’s terribly ratty, so after I finish this one I’ll start a new one for me.  I deserve a new sweater after all.

Right now I’m on the second sleeve, after that it’s a matter of sewing the thing together, knitting the neck and button bands and choosing buttons that actually work for it.  I have some lovely vintage blue ones, so I’ll just sew them on and Ana will wear it anyway.  She needs to learn not to be so picky.  She can even tell people I made the sweater and that the buttons are older than me!

I am worried about the amount of yarn I have left however.  This is A Pound of Love from Lion Brand in Cerise, and it’s 1020 yards, really it should be enough for the size XS.  I’ve taken to knitting a ladies XS for Ana so that she can get two to three years out of each sweater.  Of course, that means more yarn needed than for the child’s size 10, but if they last a few years then why not?  Actually, a long time ago, I noticed that every time I knit a Lion Brand pattern, I had loads of yarn left, so much so that I would periodically return the unused balls to the studio on 15th street and put that money toward different yarn.  Honestly, it was a great system I had, I always shopped the sale, and they took my student discount.  It sucks they don’t even have the Outlet anymore.

Anyway…

I’m really hoping to get this done by Wednesday, which might actually happen because as of right now they’re talking school closures for the snow tomorrow.  So, I shall see.  I’ll have an entire day locked inside to knit and cook while Ana plays, does puzzles and draws.  So much tea and coffee shall be consumed.

Whelp, stay safe and warm my dear readers!

🧶


Comments

Popular Posts