Making Useful Things

Several months ago I was looking to make a tarot pouch for my cards and came across a pretty cool pattern for a pouch and mat combo on the inter webs.  Since then I’ve been using that same handy stitch to crochet things here and there.

Of course I made the original tarot pouch:


And here it is opened and in use:


A fine job if I do say so myself!

Here is a sleeve I made for Ana’s little school tablet:


And here is a little altar cloth I made to go along with the travel altar I put together for Dino out of odds and ends from my collection:


I have so many odds and ends of yarn, so I figured I might as well make things I will actually use.  Artsy pieces are fun to make, but where the hell can I even wear an Estonian lace shawl?

I do have a couple of blankets to make, and the one project I have both dread and excitement for, but that’s a whole separate post.




Comments

Popular Posts