Unproductive



Tea makes everything better.


I typically get a lot done.  Now, not so much.  People on Ravelry think I knit up a storm.  I mean, I do, sometimes.  I finished a silk shawl, and that was cool, but the yarn sucks.  I can not recommend Lion Brand LB Collection Silk to anyone, it looks so ratty.  I have almost an entire skein left and was thinking I could make ritual cords out of them.  I figure I should be able to get three, possibly four out of it. The question of course is, do I give them away or do I sell them?  Would anyone be interested in buying silk ritual cords?  I will first see how many I can make.  Now, I have started a new car coat for myself.  Might not get to wear it this spring, but one never knows, one day it's 70 and the next it's 45.


The Calais Shawl in LB Collection Silk


What else have I been doing?  Time is flying but I feel like I have nothing to show for it.  There are the games I play of course.  I finished the Poke Dex in Shield, I'm almost done with Let's Go Pikachu, then there is Wizards Unite and Pokemon Go.  But I can't play for too long, it gets slow and boring and then my fingers hurt.

Once again, I'm desperately trying to study Tarot.  I keep doing this to myself.  I read, journal, read some more, and then... nothing.  I have these two books I haven't even started yet!  I was also recommended a new app from a person on Reddit, who started a tarot class I joined.  The cards featured on the app are so pretty and are available in print.  The app is called Labyrinthos.  It seems to be a mix of Rider Waite, Thoth and Marsaille.  I just began a few days ago.  So far so good!  You read the articles and then take quizzes.  I have two more books on my Kindle too.  After 22 years of studying on and off, maybe I'll finally be able to say I'm proficient at tarot!


So many books on my list to read.


Besides that, I do have my babies at home to take care of, cook three meals a day and clean, so there goes a big chunk of my time.  I am one of those fierce Mother Goddess types who adores her children and I never have that feeling of having lost my autonomy, I might tell my kids they're driving me crazy, but they're really not.  Thank Gods, because some parents are going nuts right now, falling into depression having feelings of resentment and hatred.  My children are pretty good kids, and I'm pretty chill.

Here is what I haven't done during this quarantine: bake bread.  Probably because I used to make bread all the time, and I shouldn't be eating bread anyway!  I did bake cookies for Beltane, not special cookies mind you, just chocolate chunk.  I didn't bother making a separate post for Beltane 2020, because there wasn't a maypole to go to or anything else we did besides light a pink candle on the altar.


The Beltane cookies

I was thinking I should make myself a schedule.  We have a loose routine in our apartment, but not an actual schedule.  Set times to do things, tea time, structured yoga instead of the basic physical therapy stretches I do, reading time, meditation.  We do have a dinner time, since I really don't like eating after six.  I should even have a set time to write on here, which I don't do often enough.  I have spells, and soup recipes, and the general documenting of my oh so interesting and fabulous life!  A buddy of mine recommended I start blogging the funny stories I tell all the parents at the park.  There are just so many to tell!  All in due time!

I must say, that while I should take the time to learn something new, I don't have the desire to.  I know how to cook, I can do many different crafts, but prefer knitting, I guess I just want to expound on that which I already know.  No need to fill my head up with things I'm not going to use, Sherlock (TV show, not book) had a line about that, that really resonated with me: "This is my hard drive (pointing to head), and it only makes sense to put things in there that are useful."  Shadow used to say he hated how fucking practical I was, that I was too grounded.  I just smile and shrug.

At the end of the day, I do what makes sense, and what doesn't drive me crazy.  You don't have to go out of your way to start or finish something if it's going to bring you dread.  Right now, sitting on the couch watching Tiger King is perfectly acceptable and highly recommended, I can even get knitting done while I watch!

Blessed Be!
🌛🌝🌜




Comments

Popular Posts