Mother’s Day 2020



Quarantine has got the days and celebrations all running together. Trying to stick to a routine is tough but man, do I have to try.

I woke up today and was greeted by the picture above that Ana drew for me, I love my little munchkin baby so much.  Dino is a teenager now and has no inkling to make things for his mommy and is not yet advanced enough to cook what I had promised to make, so I got up to make scones.

When I heard there might be a butter shortage, I picked up a large tub of Crisco from BJ’s.  Not only is it great for seasoning my cast iron skillet, but it’s also good for depression era baking recipes.  I’ve made biscuits that honestly came out better than with butter, and chocolate chunk cookies that were divine.  The scones today were alright, but a bit sweet for my tastes.  Nonetheless they made an excellent breakfast treat to have with iced coffee.  Sadly I didn’t get a picture.

The best Mother’s Day I feel is a quiet Sunday at home.  Nothing beats that.  I get up, I cook, I give my two babies as many hugs and kisses as they can handle and that’s it.  I don’t set the bar high and don’t have expectations except for a peaceful time with my children.

When Shadow was alive he used to go out and bring me flowers.  I miss that and him so god damned much.  I hated those fucking flowers.  I hate the notion of flowers, just sitting in a vase waiting to die.  I hated cleaning them up.  I used to dry out the rose petals for use in spells and baths, that bit was ok, but I’m certainly not buying my own damned roses just for that!

I spent my relaxation time doing some tarot study.  I’m serious this time!  I took down five pages of notes in my journal.  My poor arthritic hand hurt so bad after all that.  I even color coded some things with colored pencils, just to be fancy.

In between that, I texted with a few people who I wished a happy Mother’s Day to, everyone’s babies are getting so big, I had to remind myself which friends don’t have kids, because that’s how inactive my brain has been.  I haven’t texted Jamie, but shame on him for not texting me, I do still have to text him so he can wish his own mama a Happy Mother’s Day from me.

Overall, it’s been a very relaxing and enjoyable day, despite not being able to go any where.

Blessed Be!
🌛🌝🌜






Comments

Popular Posts