Finished: Cute as a Button Cardi

 


I am quite proud of myself.  I managed to finish this cardigan over a week before the little girl’s birthday party.  Not bad if I do say so myself!

Here’s the thing.  I fucking know metal knitting needles are faster.  This is fact.  However, they make my hands and gnarled fingies hurt like hell.  Now that it’s much warmer I don’t feel too bad except when there is high humidity and pressure.  So, I dug my old A. C. Moore (I really freaking miss that store!) set out of the closet and switched out.

The stitches truly were flying off the needles but I do feel extra stiffness in certain fingers.  It sucks, but what am I going to do?  I have a pile of unfinished items in my work basket.  Things that I laid to the side so I could get birthday presents done.  I actually have to make two more cats before next Thursday for a set of twins who Dino plays D and D with.  What else would I make for two teenage girls who are taller than me?

Anyway, as for this cardi, I couldn’t use the exact buttons from the pack I wanted because they got caught in the button hole and that will not work for a soon to be six year old.  The unicorn will be somewhat doable and the other three work well.

I know she will love it.  I gave her two of Ana’s old sweaters last year (they’re from Miami so needed warm things) and she loved them.  This will be hers and hers alone, plus pink and sparkles, what little girl doesn’t love that?

Next I’m going to finish that shawl for my friend Milly and then tackle that sweater for myself that’s been sitting there for Goddess knows how long.  Good thing there’s so much good TV to watch as I knit now!

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts