Litha 2022



I burned this special Palo Santo incense today on the altar during tonight’s summer solstice ritual.  It lasted for about an hour and gave such a woodsy and clean scent.  I promised myself that I would burn one stick for each Sabbat.

I was pretty busy all day.  It was also the last day of school for Ana, so I let her wear my flower crown.  Everyone commented on how cute she looked:

She had Doritos in her teeth.

Of course, after making my daily posts for Saged, I did my solstice tarot spread, which was not too shabby:


All my pictures are so sun shiny!

I really should have made honey cakes today, it’s traditional, but with the half day and cleaning I wouldn’t have had a good amount of time.  Never mind watching two of Ana’s friends this afternoon at the park because their parents were still working.  I wound up making spaghetti for dinner, because that’s what Ana wanted for our Sabbat feast.  We also got some chocolate hazelnut cookies for dessert and they were divine.

The pasta came out delicious as always.  I got a few fruits and veg from my Imperfect Food’s delivery today, so I used rainbow chard in this instead of kale like I normally would.  The sausage is chicken from Costco because I hate fennel seeds in my sausage!


This was what was left after Ana and I ate.  I make half a pound for her and I and she always has seconds.  I don’t eat seconds of regular pasta because I’ll get itchy from the wheat. I like getting Banza but their spaghetti shape is terrible and clumps.

8pm was ritual time, so on to Zoom I went with my incense burning, ice water to sip (ritual takes a lot out of you, stay hydrated!), Traveler’s Notebook and fountain pen ready.  I’m not sharing my journaling today however.  During ceremony we released pain, and that’s always my jam, but it’s my private writings for tonight.

Now I’m relaxing, going to get some reading in and unwind.  I’m tired and my knee isn’t doing too well.

Blessed Be!

🌞

Comments

Popular Posts