Currently Reading


This is proving to be a fascinating read!  The character in the story is based on a real life Mexican healer.  It’s told from her  point of view as well as her interviewer.  Each women’s past unfolds during alternating chapters.

So far I feel the translator did an excellent job especially with the parts where the healer is narrating.  She doesn’t speak English or Spanish, but an indigenous language. At first it was tricky reading because she circles back and repeats herself but I soon realized this way of speaking is shared by many elderly people when they’re talking about their past.  Parts of it, I suspect are also unique to whatever language she does speak, which I don’t think they’ve said yet.

Anyway, it’s great so far, so I’m gonna get back to reading it!

📖

Comments

Popular Posts