Whole Foods Market Witchy Haul

 


I really only go down to Whole Foods when I need a few specific things that Lidl, Costco or Trader Joe’s don’t sell.  For example, none of those places sell baking soda free deodorant.  Thus, I venture down to Whole Foods because ordering things like that from Amazon is a crap shoot.

Other items I can’t find anywhere else include my Cal Rose rice, French Lentils, and a variety of herbal teas.  Sometimes I treat myself to a gluten free cupcake or sushi.  I’m a fancy poor bitch.

Anyway, while quickly picking up my very expensive Parisian variety of lentils, I spotted a table filled with crystals.  I have personally never seen crystals at Whole Foods (maybe the odd bracelet) and I’ve been shopping there since I was 18.  Naturally, I had to buy one of these sets because it came with 12 small tumbled stones and a pouch, and I am a sucker for things in cloth bags.

I also noticed they had new incenses, I do happen to buy the odd pack there, as well as fair trade Palo Santo.  Well, don’t get too excited because this lovely sounding incense didn’t smell too great.  It lasted a very long time, it had glitter on it, which is of course mega cool, but it was choking me up, which hasn’t happened in a very long time.

Honestly it’s the main reason why I switched to using Japanese incenses, because they have a much cleaner and high quality burn than ones made in India.  So, I will be giving this to someone, or lighting it outside or something, I don’t know, there are 9 sticks left since there were only 10 in the pack.  Cheap skates.

My final item is a beeswax votive candle.  I think, I’m going to melt it into a small glass jar I have and only use it for Saged ceremonies and rituals.  I always wind up lighting a tea light near me, but beeswax smells better and gives off a more beautiful glow.  I must think about aesthetics sometimes too ya know!

Anyway, I’m very happy with my new crystal set and candle, not too happy with the incense at all.

I must also mention dear reader, that in the cook book section, I noticed a tarot deck for sale.  I don’t remember the name, but perhaps you’ll see it at your local store.  It just goes to show you that you can find a bit of witchyness at many different stores these days.  Some people take issue with it, however this witch does not.  I say more candles, incense, crystals and oils please!

Blessed Be!

💎

Comments

Popular Posts