Mabon 2022

 


Fall really came into the room screaming bloody murder today didn’t it?  I need just a few more weeks of warmth. It rained all day, poured really, and when it stopped I went to Lidl so I could buy baking ingredients.  Because what better to do on Mabon, a harvest festival, than bake delicious treats.

This is what I made:


Oatmeal, peanut butter squares with chocolate chips and walnuts.  They’re also flour free and partially organic.  I have fixed up this recipe because the original used entirely too much sugar and not nearly enough butter.  Remember folks, it’s sugar that’s the mortal enemy.  Fat is fine, not to mention more delicious.

They are scrumptious. Almost everything I make is delicious.  I’ve really only had a handful of mishaps since I began cooking in the 90’s.  While everyone else is fixated on pumpkin, I’ll stick with oats and nuts.

For dinner tonight, we had left overs.  I will make us a proper feast tomorrow for when Dino is home.

I sat for ritual at 7pm, 2 hours before the actual equinox.  As you can see from the first picture, my desk is becoming an altar all to itself.  We did some mudras, stretching and breathing and a short visualization, where I found myself on the moors of Ireland in the fog.  How terribly autumnal.

When the ceremony came to end and my journaling was finished, I pulled my tarot cards:

This is the most lopsided tarot spread ever.  I do like how the final card is Strife.  The question was about what I needed to release.  Damn straight I need to release strife!

When I cleared everything away, it was time for my bath, not too long of a soak though.  My windows are all still open and it’s chilly.  I’m lazy and I don’t want to get the ladder to close them all.  (My ceilings are ridiculously tall and I open them from the top so the cat doesn’t escape.) 

Now I am cozy in my bed, candle snuffed out and I can still smell the incense from before.

Today was a lovely equinox.

🍁



Comments

Popular Posts