Currently Reading

 


Physical books.  Yes.  You see, I have been suffering from eye strain lately.  While Kindle Paperwhite is supposed to alleviate that, for whatever reason, it ain’t working for my tired eyes.  I read a lot.  Three or more hours a day, and at night when I had the backlight on, it must have really been doing a number on my eyes.  The right one especially was done for.  I kept experiencing a slight and highly annoying muscle spasm.  Since I’ve placed my Kindle to rest in its pouch, the twitch has gone away.  So, I think the issue has been resolved.  I must rest my eyes and moving forward, use the Kindle during the day and read a physical book at night.

I have a lovely amber colored reading light that clips to my book.  It’s wonderful, so it’s really not a problem.

Luckily for me, it’s easy to get an inter library loan when my library doesn’t have exactly what I want to read, which is often because let’s face it, I’m not sitting there reading romance novels.  While everyone else was reading 50 Shades of Grey, I was reading The White Tiger (highly recommend).

I actually started to read The Triumph of the Moon on my Kindle when my eye started to go.  Thankfully, I only had to wait three days for it to be ready for pick up.  That’s faster than Amazon!  (I no longer have Prime).  The novel you see in paperback was added to my reading list when it was published, I think it came up because I read so many books featuring witches (as long as they’re not romance).

This is the first in a trilogy with the second set to be published next year and the third in 2024, when I’ll be 39, and should probably write my own damn novel.  Who am I kidding, I’m fucking lazy and it’ll be banned.

Anyway, I’m going to start reading my book now.

Ciao!

📖

Comments

Popular Posts