Finished: Cardigan

 


A month of hard work on tiny needles has finally paid off.  It’s finished and Ana can wear it for the morning chill.  She swears it’s itchy.  This thing is merino.  Not the best of the best quality merino, but still a pretty good soft merino.  I’ve even washed it in a garment bag at the laundromat to try and soften it for her, but she’s a finicky child and not to be trusted with such matters.

Ana will wear it until it doesn’t fit and then it will go to one of her younger and smaller friends.  Ninkie has always been the same size as Ana so she rarely gets Ana’s hand me downs.

I even have enough wool left over for mittens.  A hat might be stretching it though.  Ana has always wanted fingerless mitts so I will see about making a pair of those for her.

Overall, I am very pleased with how this cardigan turned out. It was a pain in the fucking ass attaching the sleeves to the body so I could then knit the yoke.  This is why these yoked sweaters are typically top down and not bottom up.  I certainly won’t be knitting this exact pattern ever again, my hands hurt just thinking about it.

I really need to get Ana used to wool.  What kind of impoverished Irish child is she if she can’t stand a bit of scratchy damp wool?!  

Yesterday I received the new Knit Picks catalogue in the mail and it’s chock full of beautiful new wools.  I’ll just knit everything in wool from now on and eventually she’ll get used to it.  My apartment will reek of wet wool and cabbage.  It’ll be great.

🐑

Comments

Popular Posts