Finished: Flax

 


I know, yet another Flax to magically appear off my knitting needles.  They seem to manifest out of the depths of my knitting basket all too often, don’t they?  What else was I supposed to do with that one single cake of Caron Skinny Cakes?  I used almost the entire ball to make the sweater, if I had tried something else, the colors would have been off and I would have undoubtedly run out of Skinny Cake!

This particular Flax is the adult XS.  There isn’t a size for kid’s 12, so Ana gets this oversized thing instead.  It’s only two sizes too big, no big deal.  Let’s hope that she wears it.  Her cardigan has been deemed “too itchy”, so whatever child, you get the shitty acrylic yarn while Dino and I get the good stuff.

And knit with the good stuff I intend.  This winter is supposed to be particularly fierce, so good strong wool is a must.  I have store bought (Kirkland Signature) merino socks as well as my own hand knit merino, so my toes will be nice and toasty in my Birks.  I should finally start that sock head hat I’ve been meaning to do for the past two years, honestly I don’t even remember when I ordered the yarn from that sale.

Whatever I decide to cast on next needs to be made quickly.  I feel as if I’m backed up in projects I had planned to do and never started.  It’s time to finally get them done!  Winter is coming! 🐺

I promise I won’t make another Flax, not for a while at least.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts