Currently Reading


I saw this book mentioned somewhere so I put it on my holds list at the library.  I got it fairly quick!  It’s a historical novel taking place in the mid 1500’s in Italy.

So far, it’s kind of like a thriller.  You don’t know where it’s going.  Is the wife insane?  Haunted?  Poisoned?  I don’t yet know.  I’m about 40 percent of the way in.  I’m reading a physical copy but Good Reads still gives me a percentage so that’s nice.

I also don’t know if the portrait of the title is one of the paintings the main character herself paints, or a painting of her done by a court artist.

So far so good.  No witches in this one, at least I don’t think… I do think I’m done reading anything new that features a witch because I am so fucking tired of them not labeling it as a romance when most of them are stupid sappy romances, my most hated genre of books.  

And now, I get back to reading this one, most definitely not a romance.

📖

Comments

Popular Posts