Yule 2022

 


I’m pretty pleased with how I decorated the altar this year.  I had to redo it this morning because the rosemary bush I was using as a tree decided it no longer wanted to live peacefully in my cramped apartment.  It shed its needles and dried out, despite my best efforts at watering the poor thing and even going out of my way to give it Miracle Grow plant food.

I can’t win.

Thus, out of the depths of my closet comes the Dollar Tree tree.  I am thankful that I got this plastic monstrosity before they increased the price.  It looks rather lovely all lit up with our less than traditional ornaments adorning it.

I texted this picture to Dino and he said it was very heathen looking.  I concur.  Now, without him here, we don’t open gifts or do our feast.  We will have a proper Yule on Monday, complete with loud music (most likely Smashing Pumpkins), cake and perhaps I’ll be extra nice and let them have Pepsi!  Tonight’s dinner however, was tuna salad sandwiches on Ezekiel bread with tinned Greek baked beans on the side. Honestly, a rather delicious meal if I do say so myself!  I did not take a picture, because everyone knows what a tuna sandwich looks like.

Yesterday I was able to catch the livestream ritual from Circle Sanctuary, which was nice.  I really love how they have live musicians play during the stream.  I heard some great chanting and songs.

Saged App had their ritual today hosted by The Spiritual Gayz.  They’re fabulous.  We did a meditation, a bit of journaling, and I drank some jasmine tea, because tea is life.

I mustn’t forget my tarot spread:

Lots of fire!  And the devils balls.  Fab.

Time for bed, tomorrow is the new moon ritual, so more tea, more candle flames and even more journaling and tarot.  I live a great life.

Blessed Be!

❄️

Comments

Popular Posts