Wolf Moon 2023

 

She peeked out from behind the clouds for just a moment.

Yet another post that’s a day late.  I have an excellent excuse. My uterus was trying to murder me.

I’m fine now, it hasn’t killed me yet.

I actually tuned into ritual on Thursday with Circle Sanctuary.  I’m lucky I caught them.  Selena Fox discussed Befana, the Italian Christmas Witch who distributes presents to children on the eve of the Epiphany.  It’s a tradition I should totally incorporate with Ana, I am part Sicilian after all.

The other high priestess, Laura, talked about traditions in Mexico, where they’re big on Three King’s Day.  After that there was music and songs; simple and lovely.

Growing up we didn’t even make a big deal about the Epiphany.  Yiayia brought us to church, there was cake, because there was always cake, but I don’t remember much else.  I know she’d make us fast for certain things, but we were terrible American children, and not full blood Greek, so there was that.

I did have a beeswax candle going and I lit this new incense I got called The Moon, but it is unbelievably strong, so I stamped it out after a while.  During the day, I managed to get my tarot done.  Since I’m not using Buddy’s planner this year, I found another random spread and did that one instead.  I also decided to have a go at the tarot challenge from Lion Harts and I’m posting those to Saged for anyone who wants to join in.  They’re honestly a great daily exercise for when you really want to learn a particular deck.


I still can’t get over how gorgeous this borderless deck is.  I really want to trim the borders off my Thoth deck too because I’ve seen other people do it and the pictures pop!

I’m also redoing the 21 Day Challenge from The Moon Deck, because why the fuck not?  I love that deck so much, and any excuse for a deep dive with it, I’ll take.  Plus, they literally sent an email out saying they were going to re-run it, so that was that.

And that’s basically it.  Between my aching bones and my aching womb, I took it easy, drank red raspberry leaf tea and relaxed.  I don’t need to go out and howl at the moon if I feel like shit.  It might be cathartic for some but I could barely walk, so no thank you.  I do what I can, this is Wicca, there’s no Dogma.

Blessed Be!

🌝


Comments

Popular Posts