A Dress for Ana

 


I started this April 1st as soon as I finished Dino’s sweater.  As you can see it’s not very much done.  It was supposed to be Ana’s birthday present.  I wanted her to wear it yesterday to school.  It sucks that that didn’t happen.

I can blame my pain, and the difficulty of working with cotton yarn.  Both in my world are valid excuses.

This past month I’ve been running around crazily with appointments, I have three more coming up as well!  Such is the life of a disabled woman with autoimmune.  The doctor visits don’t end.

Unfortunately this project is by no means portable.  I can’t memorize things (never have been able to!) so I can’t for the life of me remember the lace pattern and instead must refer to it constantly.

A real pain in the ass, if I do say so myself.

It is coming out so lovely though.  I always use a central double decrease instead of the ugly slip knit whatever the fuck they mutilate lace with these days.  The CDD keeps it uniform and symmetric.  It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye!

My new goal is the end of the month.  That’s it I can’t and shan’t and won’t go past then.  I have other things I want to get finished.  Projects that have been sitting for far too long!

I will get it done!!

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts