A-Tisket, A-Tasket

 


I made this fucking basket.

Someone gave me a bunch of leftover yarns from when their mom went back to Mexico.  Apparently our yarns suck, so she had no desire to take them back with her.  I used every last scrap in that bag plus some of my own leftovers to crochet this monstrosity.

I am delighted that is stands on it’s own.  It’s not as stiff as I would have liked, but I really can’t work any tighter than I did.  This was three strands of worsted weight held together on a 9.0mm hook.  I started it on Monday and finished it this morning while watching a program about cults, I didn’t know Jehovah’s witnesses were classified as a cult, such fun when all their dirty little secrets air out on a trashy A and E documentary series!

Anyway, I placed my basket right next to the altar table so I can keep things neater.  I filled it with bags.  My Tom Bihn Pop Tote, canvas bags in various sizes and Ana’s Fox backpack.  In the winter I suppose it will be a catch-all for scarves, hats and mittens.  Which reminds me, I really need a better hat.  It’s imperative.  I have a ton of Hawthorne so that should do.  Wool is best for these things of course.

Perhaps when I get enough leftovers again, I will make another basket.  It will be fun to have an apartment filled with baskets and other handmade yarny things.

It can hold yarn of course.

🧶


Comments

  1. Your basket is awesome!!! Stand up and looks woven. Crochet Rules!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts