Ana at 7

 


My baby girl is starting to look like a people.  Gone are her baby teeth, her baby cheeks.  She is very much a young girl now instead of the little kid.

She had a few requests for today.  One of which, and arguably the most important, was this cake.  The strawberry shortcake from Whole Foods.  It’s been a family favorite for a very long time.  Honestly I’m surprised they still make it with all the changes that the store has had since Amazon took over.

We were lucky today that Dino was still home after getting in a bit too late (it was ten after eight) from Moynihan Train Hall.  My knee was killing me (thanks nor’easter) but I had to get everything done before picking her up.  First I went to Whole Foods by myself, then I took Dino to buy two new pairs of jeans.  We stopped in the local metaphysical shop so Dino could choose a little bracelet for her.  He picked out a red thread one with a tree of life pendent.  The proprietor explained that if we came back, Ana could choose a free crystal.

So, you best believe we went back.

I allowed Dino to stay home and straighten up while I took Ana to the store for her crystal.  She wanted to spend some of her birthday money that grandma had sent her.  She chose a tiny bottle containing tigers eye on a necklace.  Her free crystal was a cotton candy quartz (obviously dyed).  Then on to Lidl to purchase steaks (the price of meat is INSANE now so I guess we’re going vegetarian again, I do not give up honey or beeswax, sorry, not sorry), fries, and items for a cheese board.

The steaks came out amazing.  Of course cause I cooked them.

Anyway.

Dino left before cake, I’m glad his dad came and picked him up, cause my knee still ain’t right.  I checked my watch and I don’t know how I managed to walk over 11K steps today. Ana had round 2 of Happy Birthday with her second cake. Her first was in Florida.  The Fam left after cleaning up, so thankful they did!  Damn knee!

And now here I am, Ana asleep, the rain falling heavily outside my window.

It was a good birthday for her.

Now, we get to have even more cake because we received her coupon for Barnes and Noble.  Well, I’ll have a coffee while I read a book I have absolutely zero intention of purchasing.

I’m looking forward to nothing but fruit and veggies tomorrow.  And a juice shot for mama.

🎂

Comments

Popular Posts