Finished Objects


I have been very busy knitting lately.  I recently got the birthday sweater for one of Ana's friends done, as well as a hat for her grandmother (Shadow's mom).



Next on the list is Ninkie's sweater, I'm about half way done with the back, I started it on Friday.

Now, I must take the time to rant about the birthday sweater.  I am never making this damn thing again, and I am so absolutely happy that I did not attempt it when Ana was a baby like I had originally wanted to.  The construction of this monstrosity is awful.  Terrible in fact.  The sleeves don't make sense and don't line up, the neck is far too narrow.  I fixed the weird ass decreases because they were supposed to be seed stitch in between and that would have been a bitch to sew up, not to mention look odd.

When it came time to piecing the damned thing together I consulted other people's project pages on Ravelry, and I don't think anybody else got it either.  One person left the shoulder seams unseamed, I suppose in an attempt to widen the neck.  In other words, this pattern is a fucking hot mess.

The hat, straight forward.  Easy peasy.  I did it without a cable needle cause I'm a bad ass bitch like that.  I appreciate the matchy matchy decreases at the crown.  Lovely.

Once finished with Ninkie's Christmas sweater, I shall make her father a dumpling cat.  He keeps lamenting about not having a kitten, so I will give him a crochet stuffed one.  I got some lovely yarn from Dollar Tree for it too.

And with that, it is my reading time.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts