Yule 2021

 


Today was a chill today.  No excitement.  No real work to be done.  Just sit back, relax and let the energy flow.  I did my tarot reading and brought out the big boys for it:


This reading was mostly about the shadow self which isn’t my cup of tea.  The eight of cups perplexes me in this particular position. 

Tuesday is our library day, and once we got home I cooked our mini feast.  Only Ana and I tonight.  I made chickpea pasta with a ground beef and mushroom sauce.  I topped mine with feta cheese.  Sheep’s milk feta always compliments a rich sauce with its tanginess.  Years ago, Shadow loved to do a prime rib for Yule.  If Dino had been here than maybe, but honestly I always feel bad cooking meat for Sabbats.  I’d prefer to stick to vegan dishes, so I think that’s what I’ll do from now on.


Yesterday I had baked some chocolate chip cookies (I always half my recipe so I don’t have to make so many), so we had a few of those for our desert.  I like to use 70% cacao chips.  Cacao is a sacred ingredient, so it makes the perfect Sabbat treat.


At 7pm it was time for the Saged ceremony.  It was peaceful. During the meditation we were asked to visualize placing our hands in our pockets and seeing what we found in there.  I somehow saw a mini scythe in my hand, I also pulled the death card for my daily draw so maybe that’s why I was thinking of the old fashioned grain harvesting tool.  This morning, I was watching Edwardian Farm, and that too, could have given my mind the visual (every time I think of that word, I hear Tim Curry pronounce it in Rocky Horror… swoon).

We did a bit of journaling and naturally I had tea.  One must always have tea and water for a Saged ceremony, candles and incense too!


After the ceremony we listening to some music while we waited for Santa, the mayor and the police to roll through our block.  They didn’t come till just after 9.  Santa waved to Ana and she waved to him, the mayor and the police.  This is such a small town that the Mayor basically knows everyone.

Now it is time to unwind relax and read.

The days will get longer from here on out, but the nights will get colder now that winter is officially here.

Blessed Be!

❄️

Comments

Popular Posts