Finished: Quick Lacy Slouch

 


Dollar Tree sells yarn.

For a dollar.

It’s by Premier yarn, made in Turkey and it’s fucking decent quality!  I actually have a sneaking suspicion it’s the same mill that makes Vanna’s Choice.  I mean how many fucking  acrylic yarn mills could there possibly be in Turkey?  In fact, I’m pretty damn sure that I’ve used this exact color in Vanna’s many years ago.

I bought two balls of this to try out.  I missed the last hat I made from this pattern, I don’t know what I did with it, the first hat I made from this pattern is long gone and was a glorious merino wool from Upstate.  It cost 22 bucks for one ball, obviously I wasn’t disabled at the time.  Now however I can’t even hold two strands together to equal bulky weight, it was very tough on my hands.  I really shouldn’t do it again.  Not with size 10 needles anyway.

Now the thing is, I kinda like the hat, but I kinda don’t.  See my other hat was softer.  This, not so much.  Ana’s school is actually doing a drive all month long for hats, scarves and gloves.  I think I shall donate this one, buy a few more balls, and crochet some hats to donate.  Hopefully, I’m not on the donation list itself.  You see, they have my income, so they give me stuff like thanksgiving dinner cause I’m poor.  Maybe in my wildest dreams I can strike up a deal with them and say buy me yarn and I’ll make like 10 hats or something. It could happen!

But then again, do I really want to do all that work?  Let me rephrase that.  Should I physically be doing all that work.  No, the answer is always no.  Spiral can not do all that work, ever.

Oh well.

Maybe I can ask someone to buy me a ball of 22 dollar yarn for my birthday.

🧶


Comments

Popular Posts