Imbolc 2/2/22

 


I spent most of Imbolc morning paper crafting.  I made a recycled paper Brigid’s cross, and a rectangular origami bed for Her as well.  I’m quite pleased with how they both turned out and I think they look absolutely lovely on my altar if I do say so myself!

Here is a picture of my paper strip making after cutting up some old New Yorker’s:


And here is the finished product up close:



I’m glad I found the idea for this online.  Every year I make a paper Brigid’s cross and every year they look very plain.  This one looks fabulous!  I decided to Google Brigid’s cross made from yarn but this came up too!

It’s also nice to know that despite my arthritis, my origami skills ain’t half bad!

Now having done ritual yesterday, there wasn’t one for today.  I wouldn’t have been able to attend live anyway because I had to take the opportunity to go shopping at Costco.  That was my entire evening really.  Even our Imbolc feast was Costco Food court.  I don’t think I can eat a chicken bake ever again, the quality has gone down a lot.  I’ll stick to the hotdog, they’re cheaper and haven’t changed since 1994 when my parents first got their membership that I use.

We will be having our actual feast on Saturday evening.  I’ve already purchased three steaks (grass fed beef was on sale at Lidl, if you’re going to eat beef, make it grass fed), potatoes and whatever veggie I feel like cooking up, probably mushrooms, onions and zucchini because that’s always a great combo for steaks.

I must always wait for Dino boy to be home for Sabbat meals.  I don’t want him to feel left out of the festivities!  In this home, Sabbats can last a week and that’s ok!

I am now sufficiently tired, and content time for bed.

Blessed Be!

🐑


Comments

Popular Posts