The 4th and Hopefully Final Vest

 


Why do I do this to myself?  Even I don’t know at this point.  Maybe because it’s only costing me 4 bucks to make this gift?  How else can I get a gift for that small amount of money?

I found this vintage pattern leaflet at Unique sometime last year in a bundle with some others from the late 60’s early 70’s.  That time period for knitting is weird.  Either you get classic and timeless designs like these, or totally unwearable crap from whatever was in vogue at the time.

I’m experimenting with a set of Prym ergonomic needles.  My hands have been hurting a lot.  Probably cause I shouldn’t have crocheted three vests last month.

All I know is, I’m not crocheting any time soon.

Fuck that.

These needles are some type of new plastic and the design is pretty cool, triangular with little nubs instead of tapered tips.  I had a really good coupon for Michael’s so with the yarn and the set of needles I spent less than 10 bucks.  Not bad for this below the poverty level mama!

Did I mention they fucking snap together so the stitches don’t slide off?  Genius.

Anyway, I am making the green cabled vest depicted in the picture.  It’s a darker forest green.  Apparently Dino’s friend is into dark academia and some other stuff (goblin core?) where one dresses like a dusty but cool archeology or antiquities professor.  A hand knit vest should be right up this kid’s alley.  I thought she was turning 15 like Dino, but she will only be 14.

As long as these kids wear what I make, that’s all I care about.

I have until April 1st to get this done, leaving me 17 days to get something knit up for Ana’s 7th birthday.

At least I have spring break to work on Ana’s present.

Wish me luck!

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts