Progress: Basic Garter Shawl


It's taking me entirely too long to work on this damn thing.  I need to get it done like five days ago, but hopefully if I work my ass off, I will complete it tomorrow.  I already pulled out the tassels and tied them off so I know how much yarn I'm working with.

After this, it's a marathon of getting three crocheted vests done for three little kids birthdays.  I already got the yarn, Lion Brand Mandala Ombre.  I fucking love Lion Brand, they're not too expensive and their colors are all pretty good, plus they're washable and dryable.  For less than 30 bucks I can make three kids their birthday presents.  If I had to buy something I'd be spending about that much per kid.  Lego sets are expensive as hell, and so are my preferred gift of books.  It's no joke how expensive a children's hard cover picture book is these days! 

Once that's all done I can put all my energy into Dino's sweater.  I wanted it done for his birthday but now it's looking more like the end of February.  Still within the birthday month, so whatever.  At least he'll wear this one.  I am contemplating getting him a pair of Dr. Martens as well.  He needs a good pair of sturdy leather boots and Dr. Martens fit the bill.  I'm just hoping he's completely done growing, so he can wear the boots for the next few years.  I know my feet didn't change after 8th grade but boys are weird.

At least I'm keeping busy!

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts