The Witches’ Almanac

 


This is a publication I have gotten almost every year since I was a teenager.  The most recent two years, I have on my Kindle.  I realized during my bath this evening that I hadn’t even opened the 2021-2022 edition.  So, I began to read.

I learned something that did not sit well with me.  Apparently, I, as an ebook version reader, am getting gypped.  The version that they send to Amazon is abridged, regardless if it’s in print or ebook format.

I have been bamboozled.

What am I missing out on?

Do I have to get a physical copy from the official Witches’ Almanac website just so I can see what the exact differences are?

I do not like this!

First, they changed the covers and type of paper they used.  Before it was all woodcuts, made to look like a pamphlet from the 17th century.  Now it has a glossy cover with 3D art on it.  I do not like change.  I do not like glossy!

How am I to know what is missing from my ebook?

I’m not going to buy this season’s copy again, but when spring rolls around and I’m ready to buy the 2022-2023 issue, I will order from the official website and see what’s what.

The nerve of them!

Anyway, this is a lovely little publication and it truly brings joy to my witchy little heart.

Read it.

📖


Comments

Popular Posts