This Means War!

 


On my immune system that is.

Almost everyone I know has had Covid.  I don’t personally know anyone who has died or been hospitalized from it.

As far as I know, I’ve never had it myself.

But still, what if ?

What if I had it and I didn’t know it?  What if I had zero symptoms or that nasty seasonal cold I get every year (which I haven’t gotten this year, knock on cheap IKEA pine wood) turned out to be it?  The thing is I get that damn phlegmy cough almost every November.  It lasts over two weeks cause of my stupid autoimmune disease.  Sometimes I have a sore throat and sometimes not.  The sore throat means flare up, strep is related to psoriatic disease, somehow, I don’t know the exact science, I have been told by nurses and doctors that it is, so trust me, I have years of experience and no degree to show for it with this damned disease.

Miraculously I haven’t gotten very sick at all the past two years.  Is it my meds?  Is it my mostly healthy, usually plant based (I enjoy a steak ok?!) eating habits?  Who knows?

I’ve never gone to get a Covid test or taken one at home.  First because I REFUSE to stand in line.  Second because the line is filled with potentially very sick and dying people (insert joke about Florida aka God’s anteroom of death here), third because the home tests cost money that I don’t have.

Will I ever know if I ever had Covid?

I am triple vaccinated.  I have to get a full dose every six months from now until one of those little smart ass kids from MENSA decides to go into medicine instead of exploring space.  (Seriously, fuck Mars, cure Cancer already!)

This has been nagging at me, especially with all the folks who have told me they tested positive at Christmas Eve.  My ass stayed put, in my house illegally streaming The French Dispatch.  (I have priorities!) How many times have I been exposed in the past two years?  Everyone said they had minor symptoms, stuffy nose, slight cough, nothing major, still went about their business, still went ON VACATION, because I guess that’s what one does when you can afford a million dollar home.  All these conversations happened over text by the way, I ain’t hanging out with no one.

Thus.

Here I am.  Worrying about this shit.  Drinking some not bad tasting tea hoping I don’t start to see some shit from this Ashwagandha which by the way is a nightshade and I technically shouldn’t be consuming it.  Oh well.  Also my testosterone might go up, but being Greek, that shits high as hell anyway.

I don’t have any zinc, but I do get to OD on vitamin D with my new prescription strength 50K units.  I take one weekly.  It’s probably still not enough. Psoriatic patients need 10K daily, I told the doctor, but this is what they have in the US, cause we’re not Sweden or whatever.

This whole situation is just ugh.  What else can I do?  I’ve come this far as far as I know not having it.  They do have pills now, and there is my medication to consider, which I’ve ranted about before.  So should I be worried now?  I don’t know.  But now I’m coming across people who’ve had Covid two or more times and are fully vaccinated.  So yeah, this shit is scary.  I don’t want to be sicker than I already am!

A cup of tea cures a multitude of ailments.  It will keep my fat ass on the couch and far away from all these people that’s for sure.

☕️

Comments

Popular Posts